Feb 27, 2022
AAA Travel invites you on a unique journey to cheer on your favorite dogsled team as they begin a harrowing 1,049-mile odyssey across the icy tundra!
Be Adventurous and Visit Alaska in the Winter!! This unique journey includes Aurora viewing in Alaska’s interior, a visit to Denali National Park in the wintertime, a ride on the Aurora train south to Anchorage and getting up close to Alaska’s wildlife in the winter. Learn about the Iditarod Sled Dog race from an Iditarod musher during a special kennel visit prior to the start of the “Last Great Race” where you will be surrounded by fabulous four-legged athletes known as sled dogs before they hit the trail to Nome!
*Rates are per person, based on double occupancy, land only. Rates, terms, conditions and itinerary are subject to change. Rates do not include airfare, air taxes. This tour operates during the winter in Alaska, so expect cold temperatures, uneven and slippery surfaces (ice).AAA member benefits are valid for passengers who book through AAA travel only. Benefits listed may be substituted/eliminated based on passenger participation and have no cash value. Other restrictions may apply. The Auto Club Group is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the promotion of this tour.
Arrive into Fairbanks, the Golden Heart City. You will have meet and greet transfers to your hotel. Enjoy your evening of leisure.
Pike’s Waterfront Lodge or similar – 2 nights
AAA EXCLUSIVE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Round-Trip Airport Meet and Greet Transfers
- 7 Nights’ Hotel Accommodations
- 9 Meals; 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner (if booked by 12/27/2021)
- City tour of Fairbanks
- Morris Thompson Cultural Center
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline
- Alaska Railroad
- Murie Science and Learning Center (winter home of
Denali Visitor’s Center)
- City Tour of Anchorage
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Iditarod Musher’s Banquet (must be booked and deposited by 12/27/21)
- Visit Happy Trails Kennel and meet Iditarod Champion Martin Buser
- Visit Iditarod Headquarters
- Ceremonial and Official Start of the Iditarod
- Anchorage Museum
- Fully Escorted by a local Professional Tour Manager
Download Your PDF Flyer